“Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you, so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.”- The Apostle Paul.
My name is Dylan Rowland and thanks so much for reading my blog site. It is a great pleasure to be able to do this and it is only by the grace and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that I am able to be writing on here. As you can probably tell, I have named this blog site “Confirmed in Christ”. If you read through 1 Corinthians 1: 3-8 you will notice that Paul is talking about being confirmed in Christ until the very end. It is such an awesome fact to know that God will carry your sanctification through until the end though we are sinful and corrupt people. Just as the Corinthians were, we as humans living in the world today are involved in idol worship and acts of rebellion against Jesus, the God of the universe. Though we are sinful and deserving of punishment, God has provided a way through the life work and death of Jesus Christ. God made Jesus who knew no sin to become sin on our behalf so that we might obtain the righteousness of God in Jesus (2 Cor. 5:21). What an awesome God!
As for myself, I very much like theology, philosophy, video games, movies, music, reading, hanging out with my friends, and a whole host of other things. I am usually a person who is down for whatever is fun!!!!! I am in a relationship with an extremely awesome girl whom I love dearly and I thank God for her company. I also have an awesome family whom I am also very thankful for. They are great!!!
Where I am at and where I plan to be?
I have just recently graduated from Shawnee State University with a B.A. in historical studies and my next step is to complete a seminary education. I am attending Reformed Theological Seminary out of Charlotte, NC and currently pursuing a Masters of Arts degree in Religion. I am also currently involved with Grace Community Church which is found in Waverly, Ohio and will continue to do ministry there for the time being.
I was also just recently married to a wonderful woman who is a God-send for sure. I am very thankful for her and my supportive family that means the world to me. I am thankful to be writing on here and it is totally by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ that I am able to do this. What a wonderful God we serve!
- Reformed. I hold fast to the truth that the natural man is incapable of coming to Christ. Therefore, God’s divine decree of election is what avails the opportunity for salvation, and Christ specifically died for those given to Him by the Father. This operating grace is irresistible, and once God has regenerated the believer he will never be lost.
- Baptist. The baptism of only the professing believer, and the independence of the local congregation. Also included in this is the regulative principle and plurality of elder model.
- Missional. I strive to teach soundly the call of Christ to reach all of the nations (people groups) while practicing evangelism anywhere I might be.
- Covenant Theologian. God’s main purpose in history is His Son and by extension His elect.
- Amillennial. The millennium of Rev 20 is “realized” and to be interpreted through inaugurated eschatology.